Thursday, June 14, 2007

Communication...

I e-mailed Electro Automotive again yesterday and finally got a reply, so it looks like I might be in business soon:

I apologize for my lack of communication. We got slammed with a load
of orders just as my office assistant went out of town for two weeks,
and my packing and shipping guy just stopped showing up.

I will get a load of parts packed up for you tomorrow, which will
include suspension, adaptor, motor mount, controller, DC/DC, potbox -
most of the major components. I am still waiting on racks and boxes
from the fabricators.

I am also getting backordered on the Netgain WarP 9 motors from the
factory until mid-July. (I am hearing similar stories from all my
suppliers - they are buried in orders.) I can get the Advanced DC 9"
motor (which was the standard in the kit until recently) more
quickly. I wanted to let you know the situation and let you decide.


I have a feeling that the movie "Who Killed the Electric Car?" is causing a bit of a rush for this stuff, when they used to only get the occasional order. Anyway, that e-mail sounds promising, so I hope I'll get the stuff in the next week or so. I'm not sure about the engine change and wrote back asking if there was a substantive difference between the two. If not, I'll switch. Anyone know anything on this subject? If so, leave your opinion in the comments or e-mail me.

No comments: