Wednesday, May 6, 2009

The Doctor is in...

The "Car Doctor," that is. Jerry, a local auto mechanic took an interest in my electric car project and offered to put in some time on it. Jerry has worked on electric cars in the past, mostly industrial vehicles, so he has a good knowledge base. He has come here a couple of days and has made more progress than I could have in 10. I had almost sold the car off, but this breathes new life into it. I'll post pics, soon. Obviously, I won't be able to give as much detailed instruction, but I will be happy to field questions to Jerry and will leave a link for him.

1 comment:

Joe said...

Outstanding. You'll have a very interesting perceptive on this build. For the most part these conversions have been done by 'non-car' people.
Have a car mechanic doing the work; it would be interesting to find things that are of mechanical importances. Say like balancing the flywheel.