Sunday, April 8, 2007

Pictures of My Porsche (and my embarrassing dilemma)

Okay, Here is a picture of my '71 Porsche 914:




Nice, I think. I like the color. It looks "electric". Now for the problem. I was showing it to a friend and tried to open the back trunk. I can't figure out how to get it open. I reluctantly called the guy I bought if from (see previous post) and he said "it just opens up, or if not there is a switch under the steering wheel." It doesn't just open up. I've tried pushing, pulling, jiggling. I can't get it open. The only switches under the steering wheel were tiny little things, that don't seem to have anything to do with the back trunk. When I looked at pics of other 914's on the net, they all have a standard, locking push-button right in back where you would expect it. Mine just has one long reflector. I might have to call this guy back. It is just painful to have a discussion with him. Here is a pic of the back trunk.



UPDATE: I found the button! It is a tiny little thing by the fusebox. I pushed it and "POP". Ah it's the little things in life... Thanks to the good people at 914club.com for telling me where to look.

1 comment:

JimSar said...

Hey, Steve, I saw that inquiry! I remember, because I thought it was rather strange. :-)