Thursday, April 12, 2007

Check Is in the Mail

Okay,
I sent "Electro Automotive" a $12,000 check by express mail today to a post office box in Felton, California, which the postman informs me is "in the Santa Cruz Mountains." I assume by what I see in the blogs that this is a reputable outfit. It is a bit of a mom and pop operation from what I can tell. It has been around since the seventies per their website. I wanted to pay by credit card and they said I could do this through paypal. However, I just set up the paypal account and couldn't make a transaction that large. I really wanted to get the money in by Friday, as they are apparently going to be out of town for the next two weeks, so I sent it by express mail, but I don't think it will get there in time, which might delay the arrival of my kit. Que Sera.
In the meantime, I have been lurking around on e-bay and Pelican Parts looking for some spare parts that I need, like a window handle, jack-hole covers, etc. I even put a bid on a Porsche 914 clock. Hopefully, I can have some fun with this project, especially since I don't have to worry about the old combustion engine (short of pulling it out of the car).

No comments: